I grew up on Sailor Moon and definitely feel it was a pinnacle in my childhood. I have two Sailor Moon tattoos and still watch episodes on YouTube whenever I am feeling down. It hasn’t lost any of its humor or magic to me. Sailor Moon and the Sailor Scouts taught me to be brave, to by myself and that feminism is awesome. They fought for love, justice, equality, and the well-being of the world; physically and morally. As a kid I looked up to the girls in a fantastical sense. I know it’s just a “cartoon” but the messages every episode sent still ring with truth and relevancy to this day. Every Sailor Scout had a very defined personality and character traits, and it was so easy to align with one as your favorite. I decided to make some fashion sets for each [inner] Sailor Scout based off their personality. I tried to add as much nuance and detail as I could. I had way too much fun making these – and probably spent way too much time on them. This is how I envision the scouts if they were personified modern-day teenage girls. For those that were big fans of the show, I know you’ll notice lots of quirky details in these sets, and I hope you love and appreciate them! If they are well received, maybe I will do the Outer Scouts and some of the more iconic villains. If any of you are curious, my favorite scouts are Venus and Jupiter. Who is your favorite?
Posts Tagged ‘sailor moon’
I am all for nerd tattoos, and my friend Sarah has one of my favorite. She has a sailor moon thigh piece that shows her total dedication. We also have matching Crescent Moon wands! I dont come across interesting, well-done or unique Sailor Moon tattoos very often, but I wish I did. Check out her thigh piece, in all its majesty:
Asking Sarah to take a picture of her tattoo was just an excuse to get her to take her pants off.
Here is a picture of our twin Crescent Moon Wands:
You can lurk Sarah hard at her Tumblr.
So, I got anther tattoo. No big surprise there. It might be a little strange that its my second Sailor Moon tattoo in one month, and probably not my last.
Its Luna from Sailor Moon as a japanese Lucky Cat, with the sign for Venus in the coin. Venus is one of my favorite Sailor Scouts and her symbol is precious. It turned out better than I could imagine and since Pooka is a fellow nerd – I cant wait to go back to her for more nerd tattoos!
Today one of my besties, Sarah, and I got (another) matching tattoo. We grew up loving Sailor Moon, and even as adults talk about it all the time. Im not ashamed, shit. This wont be my last Sailor Moon tattoo either, as I plan on having another tattooer friend and Sailor Moon enthusiast tattoo something else related on me sometime soon. We got Sailor Moon’s Crescent Moon Wand, but we had Steve draw it up like an old traditional tattoo! Too cute.
This is a picture of Sarah and I from about a year ago! Its crazy how my hair has doubled in length, and my amount of tattoos has doubled as well…haha!
In my opinion, only thing better than a nerd tattoo, is a twin tattoo.
1. Lush “Mask of Magnaminty”: I am a huge fan of any and everything Lush makes, but this face mask is so fresh and minty, slightly exfoliates and makes my pores smaller. It even removes makeup. It’s magical. Put some on your face and see what happens.
2. DONUTS: Normally I try to avoid eating these, and watch my sugar intake, but lately i’ve been throwing caution to the wind. When I was younger and my metabolism made an effort, id get 4 or 5 donuts on my walk to middle and high-school. Ahh, the good ole’ days.
3. Cardigans: Blame it on Mr. Rodgers, he just looked so damn slick all the time. I ‘ve been wearing cardigans with everything so damn long that I dont feel right leaving the house without one. I feel very weird with my arms exposed now. Cardigans are something I keep buying even though I easily have about 20 currently. If my house was on fire, i’d grab my cardigans.
4. Sailor (Chibi) Moon: To say I was obsessed with Sailor Moon when I was younger would be a understatement. If you know me, you know I still absolutely love it. I still try to collect old merchandise and watch the show all the time. Sailor Chibi Moon was always my favorite character. She is Sailor Moons daughter from the future. Her pink sugary uniform is a total ruse – she is rowdy and loud and rude as hell, and for that, I love her.
5. Naked Juice: I have always drank Naked Juice when I discovered it several years ago while working at Whole Foods. I usually stayed away from the green one, until recently I tried it at work. Its by far the most delicious of all of them. Shame on me.
6. Fixed Gear Bicycles: I could ran about these bikes all day, so i’ll keep it short. I love the challenge and excitement of riding them. They are my main source of transportation and let me eat those donuts I love so much without feeling totally bad. There is a great bike community where I live, too.
7. Candy Bars: Since Steve stopped being Vegan, he eats a lot of candy bars. Which means I eat a lot of candy bars. Candy bars are something I never used to buy or eat, and now I crave them all the time. Oh boy!
8. Nail Polish: I know I put polish on my last TILT – but this is a little different. I go back and forth between loving dark shades, and lighter shades. Right now im still stuck on light shades, so much so that I can never pick what shade to do my nails. I solved this dilemma by just doing a different color on each hand, see:
im wearing “minted” by Revlon, and “tickled pink” by Wet n’ wild.
that is also a little drawing i did on some receipt paper while I was bored at work, haha. I like to draw little character pictures of all my coworkers and leave them around the shop. Everyone I work with has such a distinct look and style that its really fun for me!
Im just going to leave this Japanese Legend of Zelda commercial here for your enjoyment/second-hand embarrassment:
Soooo, I didnt get my new computer because I decided I wanted to sleep all day instead. I was also feeling a little indifferent about if I should spend the money, but I decided im just going to go ahead and get the better computer so Steve can use it for his tattoo stuff and so I can start to learn photoshop and possibly play some games on it…which is probably a bad idea but I gotta’ follow my heart. World of Warcraft, I love you – and I know Steve will love you too. I also eventually want to get a tablet, so I can do more art – but they are so pricey! Whhhhhhhhhhhhy!
There was also an awesome rumor going around that I was doing porn and that this blog was my porn site. Really? News to me, I guess. Last time I checked I wasnt pulling beads out of my ass and posting it here, but I can see how some idiots visiting the site may be confused by the content. Morons. Steve supports my non-existent porn career, though. What a guy!
ANYWAYS, allow me to share some of my favorite Mega 64 videos with you. These nerds make pretty hilarious video game related videos. They have tons of them, so you should certainly checkout their youtube channel. I need friends like them.
This is a Paper Boy parody, this poor dude in the truck delivering papers was probably totally mind-freaked by how long these shenanigans went on:
Here is a Dead Rising parody – I loved this game but I love this video more:
One word: MIYAMOTO!